I don’t have anything in particular to write about today, or even for the past few days for that matter. This is what makes now the perfect time to write!
Summer is here, or at least it is on paper. The temperature is 60 degrees and I am still running the furnace at the house. This is a little odd to say the least as this is after Memorial Day.
The grass is growing like crazy as is bound to be the case when it is so damp and rainy. I am thinking maybe we should rename this place Seattle, NY.
My last top ten was quite a hit so I thought I would try another. The top ten things you find about about Central New York that only we know.
- Central NY is not NY City. Make sure you specify to anyone that doesn’t live in NY State. They think the whole state is a city.
- Upstate NY is not Rockland County. People from NY City think anything west of the Hudson River and north of NY City is Upstate.
- We like the winters here. At least most of the time. It is the spring we can’t stand which lasts until only God knows when.
- The Thruway (Route 90) has a lot of cars with Canadian plates. Yes, Canada, more than any other state/place.
- Everything is 30 to 60 minutes away by car. Get used to it. We have. As a matter of fact, we judge distance my travel time, not miles.
- If you don’t know what SU stands for, you better find out and fast.
- The Mall means Destiny/Carousel most of the time. And if you run into someone you haven’t seen in a while, you are probably at Wegmans.
- Winter time activities include bowling, dancing, drinking and eating – not necessarily in that order. Oh yeah, there is skiing too.
- We drive around in the snow for fun. Snow drifts are even better. As long as we can see the road, we’ll drive.
- Syracuse the snowiest city in the country. Except for when it is not. Thanks Buffalo. Can you lake effect snow? I like how you say that.
If there is something you’d like to see me write about, drop me a line. You might even get an honorable mention. Thanks for reading!